Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Soil Your Hands – Tend some plants


I must say I am bit lucky here ,
I have soiled my hands digging small kitchen garden back home,
Removed the stones and leveled the area ,set fresh soil in ,
Planted green grass, some fruit plants watered them and watched them grow,
Some rose cutting , even tried basics of Grafting , a red rose from a pink rose plant ,
Grown some veggies , orange, mango, guava tree

Yes I did it all ,

Some flourished and others died but I have seen them grow ,

It is different kind of pleasure to plant a seed and see it growing. 
I can’t describe the feeling of that first fruit or flower on the plant you have grown,

It is sheer bliss.

As kids we would frequently check how much the little fruit has grown since morning.

Plants need, little water, some sunshine and love and they give much more in return,

In Mumbai it seems difficult but I promise to take care of small aloe Vera plant I have just bought.

Trust me without tending much it has already started giving me more than what I have asked for.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy