Tuesday, February 06, 2007

In my heart I simply thank that book seller for suggesting me alchemist

I started reading long time ago
Mostly in 6th std
The first book I read wad “Heddy”
The second book I read was “Alice in wonderland”
The 3rd book I read was “A train to Pakistan” in 7th std
I didn’t understand any thing in the book even after trying hard with dictionary

I left the book in-between as I was punished for issuing such a book from library

My librarian gave me a big lecture and good beating when he came to know that I was reading that book

I gave up reading for some time – not because of beating but something else excited me
Hmmmmm Writing
I started writing by a small and funny Hindi poem
I have misplaced all my old poems and really feel bad for that

I started with diaries
Write and tear up


In between I read something easy going
“Tale of two cities”
“David Copperfield”
“Oliver twist”
“Charismas carol”

I found all of them Kiddi books – I mean story books

I again picked up reading something interesting in 9/10th std
This time I started with
“Range of angles”
Then “the man who divided Indian”

From 9th to 2nd year of engg
I gulped down every book which I came across
I read whole “Sidney Sheldon “collection

Name it and I have read it

I adored some of his books but some where nothing more than shit
Still in all his books
The life of lonely women was always presented beautifully
“If tomorrow comes”
“Wind mills of god”
“Sand of time”
“Range of angles “
“Tell me ur dreams”
“Love story”
“Painted house “


I loved all of them
I remember 1 quote from his book where the character says” I know he exploits me – but pain staying with him is less than pain of staying alone”

Then one day the bookseller from where I used to buy books said
Madam aaj kal sabh yahi padte hai
And forced me to buy Alchemist

“I started with alchemist followed by
Veronica decided to die
Memoirs of geisha
11 minutes
Zahir
5th mountain
Kite runner
Monk who sold his Ferrari
Broken wings
Lajja
Who will cry when u die
City of joy
Who will cry when u die
By the river piadra, I sat and cried


In my heart I simply thank that book seller for suggesting me alchemist (which I not liked much) but that book forced me to explore world of good books

3 comments:

Unknown said...

huuhh...
hatss offf!!!..

mahant said...

Have you read Tracy Kidder books? Also self plug: Please read mahantshetti.blogspot.com and leave some comments.

Bayaan-e-Sahil said...

have u read

fountain head or atlas shrugged by ayn rand

read them they will change the way u look at anything in life..

try freakonomics

you will never believe in statistics agian in your life

have you read gita

you will learn how to live life

HAVE YOU READ BHAGVATA PURANA....

YOU WILL NEVER READ ANYTHING AGAIN IN LIFE...( COZ U DONT REALLY NEDD TO)

on the lite note
read GHALIB by GULZAAR
ILLUSIONS
JONATAN LIVIGSTON SEAGULL

and yes

have ever read PAPPILON...
its a beautiful books

do u understand marathi if yes
buy ur self a copy of ME MAAZA

I will pay if you wish..

and yes
never stop reading...

books are your only true friends...

GOD BLESS YOU

About Me

My photo
We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy